How to make yummy palm-size apple pies? (Even if you have no idea about baking?)
How about mini apple pies that you can serve without mess or bring to work without worrying it would crumble away in your bag.
Do you love apple pie?
I do. In fact, I don’t know anybody who tried them and didn’t like them.
Therefore, today I’m gonna show you the cute mini apple pies which I have made recently for a dinner party we were attending.
These pies were heavenly, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Another cool fact is that you only need 4 ingredients!
This one is definitely super easy. You can make these apple pies with your kids or if you are a beginner and want to try out something different.
If you are more for a Layered Apple pie check this Italian style one.
Are you ready to make the Mini Apple Pies? Let’s do it.
Take the butter out of the fridge 30 min before you dive into the preparation of the pies, so it can get to room temperature. It needs to be soft and easily workable.
Chop the butter into cubes and place it into your kitchen mixer, add sugar and mix it all together for bout 2-3 minutes.
Once you mix the sugar and butter well add the egg and mix again.
You will get the nice and creamy texture into which you will add flour gradually.
As you’re adding flour a little bit at the time, you will notice that the dough is getting harder and once it starts taking off of the bowl of your mixer you know you will know that it is ready.
Take a plastic foil or the bag and wrap it. Leave it in the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool down.
Now the apple filling 🙂
Peel the apples and chop them into small pieces. Sprinkle them with a juice of 1/2 lemon and some sugar (1 tablespoon will be sufficient).
I also love to add cinnamon, as it gives a nice aroma. Actually, I add a lot. 🙂
Once the 30 minutes have gone by, take out the dough from the fridge and roll it on the clean surface.
Make sure you add some flour to the surface so that it wouldn’t stick.
Turn on the oven to 200 C (390 F).
Once you roll out the dough you will need a circle-shaped form to cut out the mini apple pies.
The cut the circled I have used the biggest mug we currently have and it came out as a perfect size. If you don’t have a large cup you can also use a can or small plate to draw out the circle.
Add the apple filling in the middle of the circle and flip on half to close it.
To make sure that all the edges are sealed well, I have used the fork to press them together. That has also created a beautiful design on the edges.
Take a large baking tray, place the baking paper inside and stack your mini pies.
Bake them on 200°C for about 20 to 25 minutes.
You will notice the golden brown color and you will know that they are ready.
Once they are baked sprinkle them with powdered sugar and serve.
Mini Apple Pies PRO TIPS
- Don’t roll the dough too thin as the edges will burn and the middle part will not be done.
- The first time you will make the pies add less apple filling in order to get the sense of how much you can stretch the dough. It’s quite fragile and not very elastic type.
- If you don’t have a good working surface you can put the dough between two plastic foils and roll it. Before rolling add a bit of flour to avoid sticking. In that way, you will be able to use whatever flat surface you have without making the mess.
Five reasons you should use apples every day.
- Apples contain vitamins and minerals necessary for the nourishment of our bodies. They are also packed with antioxidants.
- Apples are full of fiber and they help with your digestive tract.
- Apples contain pectin, which is helpful for the prevention of gastrointestinal disorders. They help your bowel movements.
- You can get them all year round at a quite good price and above all are super versatile (You can make juices, jams, you can add it to salads or when preparing the meat).
- Apples detox our bodies, especially the liver.
Can you freeze mini apple pies?
Yes, you can also prepare these mini apple pies and freeze them in order to bake them when you will need them.
TIP: Before freezing the pies make sure that you either place them on a flat surface to freeze them, leaving space between each and once frozen you can place them in the plastic bag. Or you can stack them upon each other with some baking paper in between so that you can separate them easier when needed.
Did you make this recipe?
Yields 15 mini apple pies
Absolutely delicious, these Mini Apple Pies are super crunchy on outside and creamy on inside. You can make them even if you are a total beginner. These pies are super cute to make with kids too.
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 500 g of flour (I have used a regular one)
- 250 g of butter
- 130 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 2 apples
- 1/2 lemon (for filling)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (for filling)
- Start preparing these Mini Apple Pies by leaving butter out on the room temperature to get soft.
- Once you notice that it became the right temperature, cut it into cubes and place into your mixer bowl add sugar and mix for about 3 min (until the butter and sugar become creamy).
- Add egg and pinch of salt and continue to mix fr several seconds.
- Now start adding the flour gradually into the mix. Continue to mix it until the dough starts to form a nice ball.
- Remove it from the mixer and wrap it into plastic or put it into plastic bag, close well and place it into the fridge. Let it rest for about 30 min.
- In the mean time prepare the apple filling by peeling and cutting the apples. Place them in a bowl and add the lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon and stir well.
- Turn the oven to 200 C (390 F) and let it start heating up.
- Roll the dough, using a bit of flour to prevent sticking to the surface. Once nice and flat use the biggest mug you have or a small plate to form the circles.
- Place the filling in the middle and flip one side over in order to close it.
- Close it gently using your fingers and then press lightly with fork, making sure you don't break the dough.
- Take the baking tray, place the baking paper and add mini pies.
- Bake them for about 20-25 min. You will notice the golden brown color and you will know that they are ready.
- Serve them hot or cold with some sprinkled powered sugar on top.